Reviewing movies and series since 2012

19/03/2012

Young Frankenstein

Released in 1974, Mel Brooks directs this comedy about Dr. Frankenstein's grandson, who, after years of living down the family reputation, inherits granddad's castle and repeats the experiments. 
Gene Wilder plays Dr. Frankenstein, Peter Boyle the Monster and Marty Feldman plays Igor. 

I have to say that I started watching this movie because I had been told that it was a very funny comedy. I had seen Mel Brooks' 'Men in tights', which I find very cool and hoped for something along those lines. 
Pitifully I found it rather dull. It has some funny moments, but most of the time it was previsible and a little bit boring. The funniest one in this movie is Igor. 

The famous scene of Frankenstein and his monster dancing, which is supposed to be one of the most funny of this movie didn't even make me smile.

I don't really know why it is black and white, but it doesn't add anithing to the whole movie.

This movie is a rather grotesque one, but it is well done and the acting isn't bad. If you like Mel Brooks you'll probably enjoy it. I, myself didn't really like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment