Reviewing movies and series since 2012

18/03/2012

The Lion King

This Disney animation movie was directed in 1994 by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff and it stars Matthew Broderick (as adult Simba, whereas young Simba is played by Jonathan Taylor Thomas), Jeremy Irons (as Scar) and James Earl (as Mufasa). It tells the story of Simba, a lion cub that flees into exile and abandons his identity as future King when his uncle Scar tricks him into thinking he killed his father. 

Well there's actually not much to say about this movie. It is exceptional. Pure Disney classic. The animation is wonderful, the music more so and the acting is very good. It's my favourite Disney movie ever and it gets me every time. 

Probably the thing I like less is the song "Hakuna Matata" - which is one of the most loved. Timon and Pumba are the annoying comic release of the movie, but are a lot less annoying as other annoying companions in Disney movies. 

I love the movie in all his versions, but I recommend you check Scars German voice, which is the most bad ass voice I've ever heard. And if you find it in 3D I think you should most definitively watch it in 3D, because it's one of the best I've seen lately.  
And that's all. A rather short review, but this movie is so good that a longer review would end up being repetitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment