Reviewing movies and series since 2012

19/03/2012

Police Academy

This american comedy was directed by Hugh Wilson and stared by Steve Guttenberg, G.W. Bailey and Kim Cattrall in 1984. It tells the story of a good-hearted but incompetent misfits that enter the police academy, yet the instructors there are not going to put up with their pranks. Steve Guttenberg plays Carey Mahoney, a cadet forced into the police academy because of his bad behaviour, Soon Mahoney finds that his efforts to get thrown out establish him as the leader of the group.

I watched this movie without very high expectations. There are around 7 movies of Police Academy, and I've watched bits and pieces of the other parts and didn't find them funny in the least. Yet the other day I had a huge urge to watch a comedy, so, coming across this one I decided to watch it in Spanish as I didn't have the movie in V.O
And it was a good decision. 

Starting with the name of the NY Mayor - Mary Sue - up to the last second, I laughed myself sick. The characters are very well created, and  the script is really funny. It has both stupid and intelligent humour and the movie balances both really good. 

 The music is your typical American 80s comedy music, so don't look for a great BSO. The acting is fine, and even the dub is OK. 

All in all a very agreeable movie, and funny above all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment